Stay In Control – Time For An Email Credential Checkup
As a digital marketing agency with years of experience assisting clients with online efforts of all kinds, there’s one issue that we run into more than any other when small businesses come to us – specifically login credential mysteries. This sounds like we’re trying to be funny but in reality this is anything but. Not being able to access an online property – no matter what it is – is a recipe for disaster today, tomorrow or further down the line so you need to make sur that you’re in control of login credentials at all times – and at a company level, not an employee level.
What do we mean by employee level when discussing login credentials? It’s pretty straightforward actually. We mean that a company should never, under any circumstances, have an employee establish a property using their personal email. But to make it abundantly clear we’ve outlined how this can happen below:
- An employee decided to start a Facebook page for you then left the company.
- You asked an employee to create a property online and they lost the logins.
- You had an employee claim an online listing but they did it from a personal account.
Believe it or not, there are a million more legitimate ways this can happen and none of them, or at least most of them, were not done in a nefarious way or with malicious intent. It’s just how small businesses tend to operate – they have whoever is available take care of whatever needs to be taken care of at that moment.
And while this is fine in most instances, with login credentials it can get messy fast.
What Does Lift Conversions Recommend for Staying In Control?
Our team – full of people just like those who work for your company – believes in two separate but equally valuable approaches. Each will allow you to ensure that you’re always in possession of your important login credentials and if the worst happens and you lose them you’ll always be able to secure assistance from the property in question because you own the email. That’s our idea of being in firm control – ownership. There’s nothing more valuable than owning something important to you or your business – even online. It pays to remember that every time you decide to use a new product, software or platform.
- Solution #1 – Master Gmail Creation: While this solution may not be for everyone, it works wonders if you can start with this approach from the first steps you take online. But even if that’s impossible, the creation and use of a Master Gmail account – email@example.com works just fine – to take over your properties is an excellent way to house everything you do and own online under one brand email account. The only caveat with this approach is it requires you to be diligent about changing password so that no one ever gains control of your online efforts. A password program like LastPass can help with this by creating a new airtight password for you and applying it when you visit that specific site. It saves you doing the legwork right away.
- Solution #2 – Domain Email Creation: Most businesses with a website already have a domain-specific email – usually firstname.lastname@example.org or something similar. So, if you’re already familiar with this then it’s a good idea to create a new domain-specific email to handle the ownership duties for your online properties. For example, you could create a email@example.com email address and then use it to take ownership of each property. When all the work is completed, you’ll have a new Master Email that controls everything, so you’ll never be lost without access again. This is incredibly helpful when working with vendors too because you can share this email and its credentials with them and change it as soon as they’re through. Seriously, this can save a ton of time during whatever marketing endeavors you’re pursuing and that means less cost all around. Again, we recommend changing the password after every interaction, or every month or something similar, to always be protected from the bad actors out there.
Can Lift Conversions Assist Your Business With This Process?
Of course, our team of digital marketing professionals will be happy to assist you with your password projects – whether that’s recommending the right programs, helping you track down lost credentials or giving you ideas for how to deal with whatever you’re facing. We know the best ways to use what the individual systems and platforms – like Google, Facebook or Amazon – offer to restore ownership or a property in your company’s name and can advise you on the best pathway toward taking back control of what your rightly own.
Get the help you need – or consulting answers that will lead you in the proper direction – when you reach out to the team at Lift Conversions for answers and assistance. Call (773) 419-3636 or submit a convenient contact form with your details and we’ll call you right away!